A lot of people want to be digital artists. A tv storyboard is a visual representation of your video where you use for creating your film. The internet is full of them, and it’s easy to see why: art is fun and creative and can help you express yourself. But while anyone can learn how to draw digitally, not everyone can make money as a digital artist. Making money online takes hard work and dedication — but with the right tools like Proko’s training videos and tutorials, you’ll be well on your way! It’s time to put those skills to use by finding out how exactly we make money off of our artwork (and what kind) in this article:
1. Sell Your Original Artwork
- Sell Your Original Artwork
- Create a website for your artwork and include a portfolio of your work. Be sure to include information about yourself, such as where you live, what you love to do in your spare time, and any other relevant details.
- Create a blog or vlog (video blog) on YouTube where you can share your journey as an artist with the world! Make sure that it’s easy for people to contact you through the website by including an email address or phone number on every page. If they want more personal contact information after reading through all this material then they can request it at any point during their visit so there really isn’t any reason why not put it out there right away too just like with everything else being discussed today!
2. License Your Artwork
- Licensing your artwork to other companies.
- Licensing your artwork to other artists.
- Licensing your artwork to publications.
- Licensing your artwork to other artists who want to create a product, such as a mug or shirt with your art on it.
- Licensing your artwork to other artists who want their own prints of that same piece of work, just bigger and smaller versions of the original image (these can be sold individually). This is especially helpful if you don’t need much money each month but want more exposure on social media!
3. Offer Custom Prints and Reproductions
Custom reproductions are a great way to sell your art to people at a higher price point. The term “custom reproduction” means that your art is reproduced on demand and then sold in large quantities, usually in the hundreds or thousands. Custom prints can be produced on a variety of materials including canvas, metal and paper.
When you sell your work as a custom reproduction it gives you more control over pricing than other options like selling digital downloads or mass-produced prints because it allows you to charge more for each piece without worrying about losing money due to low demand. Selling custom reproductions also gives you access to a larger audience since they can make the decision whether or not they want the piece right away instead of having only one limited option available (iTunes).
4. Sell Your Art as Merchandise
It’s important to note that while artists have been able to make money from their digital art since the beginning of time, this is a relatively new way for them to make money. In other words, we’re still figuring it out! If you do decide to sell your digital art as merchandise on sites like Redbubble or Society6, there are some things you should keep in mind:
- Sell only high quality products. Make sure your designs are crisp and clear with no blurry text or images. Artwork should stand out against any background colors used on shirts or other types of merchandise. This will help promote sales from customers who want something unique; they won’t be disappointed with what they get when it arrives in the mail!
- Don’t try too hard. While you want people browsing through your shop at first glance seeing only one thing – YOUR ARTWORK! Your shirts should look good enough where someone wouldn’t immediately notice anything else unless they were specifically looking for something specific such as size information (which is also very important). If someone sees an ugly shirt before even getting into your store’s pages then chances are good they won’t bother checking out any more items until they see something better looking which could mean lost sales opportunities every single time this happens because people aren’t going back again if there isn’t anything worth buying anymore.”
5. Create and Sell Teaching Resources
- Create and Sell Teaching Resources
If you’re an artist, this could be as simple as creating a tutorial or course on how to use your program of choice. Or it could be as complex as building an entire online school around your expertise. There are lots of ways to go about this, but the most important thing is that once you have created something, get it out there into the world where people can buy it! This can be done through online stores like Gumroad or Etsy, or by selling physical copies of ebooks in person at conventions. If people are interested in what you create, they’ll find ways to pay for it—and if they aren’t interested now but will be later on down the road when their skills improve? Well then maybe that would be a good time for them to purchase something from before they had any idea what they needed 🙂
There are many ways a digital artist can try to make money online
There are many ways to make money as a digital artist. You can sell your original artwork, license it or offer custom prints and reproductions of it. You can also use your art to create merchandise that people will want to buy, such as t-shirts, stickers and more.
You might also consider creating teaching resources for others who share your passion for drawing or painting. Teaching other artists how to draw is what helped me get started with my own business at first! Visit us as we give you tips on how to earn online in digital arts.
There are a lot of ways you can make money as a digital artist. I have listed the most popular ones above, but there are many more ways for you to earn money from your art. The key is finding what works best for you and your brand.